When Pumps Get a Mind of Their Own

Ever had a pump start dancing like it’s at a wedding? I was troubleshooting one last week, and I swear it was doing the cha-cha while I was trying to figure out why it wouldn’t prime. Turns out it just needed a little love — and some new seals! Can’t help but laugh at the antics these machines get up.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠‌‍​⁠‍‌​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​​‌​⁠‍‌​‍‌‌‍⁠​​⁠‍‌‌⁠​⁠‌​​‌​⁠‍‌‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌​‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

It’s funny how pumps can have their own little personalities! I once had one that wouldn’t start until I gave it a solid pep talk. Maybe next time, I’ll try the cha-cha technique too — do you think it’ll work?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌​‌​‌‌‌⁠‍‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠‌‍‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‌⁠‍‌‌​⁠‍‌‍‍⁠‌​⁠​‌‍⁠‌​⁠‍‌‌⁠‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve had a few pumps that seem to think they’re auditioning for a dance show too — sometimes they just need a bit of attention; last week I found one was just a little low on oil. Have you ever noticed any odd behaviors before you jumped in to fix them, @jackson30?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‍‍‌‍‌‍​⁠‌‍‌‍‍​‌‍‌‍‌⁠‍​​‍⁠‌‌​‍⁠‌​‌‌‌‍⁠‌‌‍‍‌‌‍‌‌‌​⁠⁠‌​‌⁠‌​⁠⁠‌​​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve seen that dance routine too! Last month, I spent an hour troubleshooting a pump, only to find it was just resting on a leak. Sometimes a quick check of the seals can save a lot of time and frustration.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌‌​​⁠‌⁠​‌‌‌⁠⁠‌​⁠‍‌‍‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​⁠‍​‌⁠‍‌‌‌‍‍‌​‌‍‌​‌​​⁠​‌‌‌‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Pumps do have a way of turning simple fixes into an afternoon of entertainment! I had one that refused to budge until I sang it a little jingle — it’s like they know how to push our buttons! Have you tried checking the electrical connections? Sometimes they can be the real party poopers.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‍‌‍‍‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠‌⁠‌⁠‍​‌⁠​⁠‌‌​​‌​‍⁠‌‍‍⁠‌‍​‍‌​‌‍‌​‍⁠‌​‌​​⁠​⁠‌​‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

That’s so true! I once had a pump that wouldn’t start until I checked the capacitor — sometimes it’s the overlooked details that can really make 'em dance. Ever find a hidden issue that surprised you?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍‌‍​⁠‌​‌‍​⁠​​‌​⁠⁠​⁠‍‌‌‌‍‌​⁠‍‌‌​‍⁠‌‍⁠‍​‍⁠‌‌​⁠‌‌⁠‍‌‌​‌​​⁠‌​​⁠​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Funny how pumps can be such divas! I had one that would only work if I gave it a pep talk first. Have you tried coaxing your pump with a little encouragement?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌​‌‍‌⁠‍​‌‍​‍‌​‍‌‌‍⁠⁠‌​​‍‌‌​‌‌‍​‍‌‍‍‍‌‍⁠‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍‌‌​‌​⁠‌‌​⁠‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I can totally relate! I once had a pump throwing a fit until I replaced the seals too. Do you usually use OEM parts or go for aftermarket ones? :thinking:.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‌​⁠​⁠‌​‌⁠‌‍​‌‌‌‌⁠​‍⁠‌‌‌‌‍‌‌​‍‌‍‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‍‌‌‍⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠⁠‌​‍⁠‌‍‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I had a pump that needed a little therapy too! Sometimes, replacing the seals is like giving it a fresh start. Have you thought about using a pressure gauge to catch those diva moments before they happen?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌​⁠​​‌‍⁠‌‌⁠​‍‌‌‍‍‌‌​‍‌‌​⁠‌‌‍‌‌‌​⁠‌‍⁠​‌​‍​‌⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s wild how pumps can have such personalities! I recently dealt with one that just wouldn’t cooperate until I hit the reset button — sometimes it’s the simplest things that work magic. Have you thought about doing a regular maintenance check-up just to keep them happy long-term?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌​‌‍​‌‌‌⁠⁠‌​⁠‌‌⁠‌​‌​​⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‌‍‍​⁠‌‍‌‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍‌‍‌‌​⁠‌​⁠‍‌‌​⁠‌​⁠‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

These pumps really know how to put on a show, don’t they? I had a similar experience where all it took was a quick reset to get my pump to cooperate again. , the little things like seals or a reset button can make all the difference! Have you tried adjusting the pressure settings; sometimes that helps too?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‌‌​‍‌‌​‍⁠‌‌‍‌‌‌​‍‌‌​‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍​‌​‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‍​‌​​‍‌‍‍⁠‌​‍⁠‌⁠‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve seen pumps act like that too! Sometimes it’s just a matter of checking the priming lines. Did you use any specific lubricant on those seals? :thinking:.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​‌‌​‌⁠‌‍⁠‌‌‌‍‌‌​⁠‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‍‌‌​‍‌​⁠​⁠‌⁠‍​‌‌‌‍‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍​⁠​‌‌​⁠‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s funny how all these pumps have their quirks — @clara_woods92, did you ever find out if yours was just throwing a tantrum for attention? Sometimes it’s surprising how a little TLC can make them behave again.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​⁠‌‍‌⁠​‌‌‌‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌‍‌‌‌‍​‌‌⁠‌⁠‌​​‍‌‌​‍​⁠‌‍‌‌‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I can relate! I had one that went wild just last month. After fiddling for what felt like ages, I found it was just air trapped in the line.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍‌​⁠​‌‌‌⁠‌​‌​‌​‌​‌⁠‍‍‌⁠​‌‌​‍⁠‌⁠‍‌‌​‌​‌‍‌‍‌⁠‍‍‌‍​‍​⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‌​​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Those pumps can really throw you for a loop! I had one that wouldn’t prime either, and it ended up being a clogged filter… A little maintenance goes a long way; have you checked the filter recently? It’s surprising what a small detail can cause a big headache. @clara_woods92 might find that helpful too.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‍​‌‌‌​‌⁠‌⁠‌‍⁠‍‌​⁠‍‌​‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍‌‍‌​‍​‌⁠‍​​⁠‌⁠‌‌‍‌‌​​⁠‌‌‌‌‌​‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve seen those pumps throw some pretty wacky moves too! Last time, mine just needed some calibration after a routine check — five minutes with a screwdriver and it was back to normal. Those pumps really can be like little divas sometimes.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​​‌‌‍‌‌​⁠​‌‍⁠​‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌‌​‍‌​‌‍‌⁠‍‌​⁠‍​‌⁠‌‌‌‌​‌‌‌‌‍‌​‍‍‌​​‌‌‌​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

But isn’t it wild how these pumps can act like they have a mind of their own? I had one that wouldn’t prime either, and after a frustrating hour, I found out it just needed the impeller cleaned. , it drives me nuts when it’s something so simple! Have you tried checking the impeller, @jackson30?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‍‌‌‍‍⁠‌​‍‌‌‌‍‍‌​‌⁠‌‍‍‌‌​‌‌​⁠‌​‌⁠‌‍‌‌‍‍‌​‍‌‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌‌‌‌​‌‍‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Isn’t it funny how just a little love can fix everything? I had a pump doing the tango once too, and it just needed a quick check of the impeller. Sometimes those little bits get out of whack without us even knowing.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‍‌‍‌‌​⁠​‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‌‍‌​‍⁠‌⁠​‍​⁠‌‌‌‍‌​‌​⁠​‌⁠​‍‌‍‌​​⁠‌‍‌‌​‌‌​⁠⁠‌​‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s crazy how a little maintenance can turn a dancing pump into a reliable one — ever thought about using a vibration sensor to catch those steps early? @martin48.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‍‍‌​​⁠​‍⁠‌‌​‍‍‌‌​‍‌​‍‍​⁠​⁠‌⁠‍​‌​‌‍‌‍‍‍‌‌​⁠​‍⁠‌‌‌‍‍‌‌​⁠​⁠‌⁠‌‍​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve seen pumps get quite the groove too, but sometimes it helps to check the power supply first. A loose connection can mess with the whole priming process. Have you ever tried inspecting the wiring before diving into the seals?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‌‌​​⁠​​‌‌‍‍‌⁠‍‌‌‌​​‌‍‍‍‌​​‌‌​‌⁠‌‍⁠​‌‌​‌‌‍‍‌‌‍‍‌‌⁠​⁠​⁠​‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌